Home » Late onset thinning (age-related)
Late onset thinning (age-related)
This condition can be seen in diffuse hair loss across the scalp as density is reduced gradually.
This is due to age-related hormonal changes as the natural reduction of oestrogen/progesterone
production results in the hair follicles becoming smaller and smaller. These produce finer and
finer hair until there is a general reduction in overall density.
Age-related hair loss is common in women. About 55 percent of women experience some hair loss by the age of 70. The most common cause is female-pattern baldness, an inherited condition.
- Avoid hairstyles that pull on the hair.
- Avoid high-heat hair styling tools.
- Don’t chemically treat or bleach your hair.
- Use a shampoo that’s mild and suited for your hair.
- Use a soft brush made from natural fibers. …
- Trichological hair regrowth stimulants. Prescribed by a Trichologist.
Video Consultations are available.
Our Anti-Hair Loss Treatments are suitable for both men and women of all ages and are exclusive to The Hair Loss Centre.
Get in touch with us today and book your Free consultation today.
Call us on 0207 152 4473 today for an appointment.